Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Elite Hussars are Primed for Combat (and painting)

 

I have primed my elite squadron of the 7th Hussars using black primer for the horses and white primer for the hussars.  I have painted figures primed with white, and I have painted figures primed with black.  However, I have never painted one of each colour (on two figures that go together) like the horse and riders pictured above, so it will be interesting to see how they turn out. 



I was able to get most of the flash off the figures, with the exception of the stubborn bit between the horses back legs.  I am thinking of investing in an all purpose hobby power tool (like a Dremel) which can help me drill through some of the heavy flash as recommended by lewisgunner in the comments to the June 3rd post below.

2 comments:

  1. Good you see your first figures are underway. I am looking forward to seeing these chaps completed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The are nearly done. I am still debating whether to paint their tack black before glossing.

      Delete